kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
| Prunus dulcis|
The almond is a small tree. It grows from four and 10 meters tall. It has a trunk 30 centimetres wide. The young twigs are green at first. When they are in their second year, they turn gray. The leaves are three to five inches long. The flowers are white or light pink, 3–5 cm wide with five petals.
- Amygdalodon (almond teeth)
- The almond we eat is the edible seed of a type of fruit called a "drupe".
- Bailey, L.H.; Bailey, E.Z.; the staff of the Liberty Hyde Bailey Hortorium. 1976. Hortus third: A concise dictionary of plants cultivated in the United States and Canada. Macmillan, New York.
- Rushforth, Keith (1999). Collins wildlife trust guide trees: a photographic guide to the trees of Britain and Europe. London: Harper Collins. .
- Griffiths, Mark D.; Anthony Julian Huxley (1992). The New Royal Horticultural Society dictionary of gardening. London: Macmillan Press. .