kidzsearch.com > wiki
Anastasia or Anastacia is a woman's name that comes from the Koine Greek. It translates to "She who shall rise up again", but it is also used to mean "resurrection". The name, and its similar male name, Anastasius, were given to children born during Easter in the early years of Christianity.
The names "Stacey" (also spelled "Stacie", "Stacy" or "Stacee"), "Tasia", and "Stasia" are short forms for Anastasia. The names "Ana" or “Nastya” are also common nicknames for those named Anastasia.
It is also the name of several important women in history.
- Anastasia, daughter of Roman Emperor Constantius Chlorus and Flavia Maximiana Theodora
- Anastacia of Russia (died 1560), wife of Ivan the Terrible
- Grand Duchess Anastasia Nikolaevna of Russia (1901-1918), daughter of Nicholas II of Russia, the last ruling family of the Romanov dynasty
- Anastasia is the title of a movie telling the story of a pretender to the identity of the Grand Duchess.
- An animated movie version of the story was made in 1997.
- Albert Anastasia (1902-1957) was a Mafia boss who headed Murder, Inc. with Louis Buchalter.
Anastasia is also the name of: