kidzsearch.com > wiki
Jolie at the Cannes premiere of The Tree of Life in May 2011
Angelina Jolie Voight|
June 4, 1975
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Citizenship||United States, Cambodia, Sarajevo (honorary)|
|Occupation||Actress, film director, screenwriter|
|Years active||1982; 1991–present|
James Haven (brother)|
Barry Voight, Chip Taylor (uncles)
Angelina Jolie DCMG (// joh-LEE, born Angelina Jolie Voight; June 4, 1975) is an American actress, movie producer, screenwriter, and author. She is the daughter of John Voight, who is also an actor and former actress/model Marcheline Bertrand. Her full name is Angelina Jolie Voight, but she decided to go by Angelina Jolie. She grew up in Los Angeles and attended the Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute. She began acting at about 12 years old, and since then has starred in many movies, including the Tomb Raider movies. She has also been in the movies Hackers, Gathering Evidence (U.S. title), and Gone in Sixty Seconds.
She was born in Los Angeles, California. She is the daughter of actors Jon Voight and Marcheline Bertrand. She is the sister of actor James Haven, niece of singer-songwriter Chip Taylor, and goddaughter of actors Jacqueline Bisset and Maximilian Schell. On her father's side, Jolie is of German and Slovak descent, and on her mother's side, she is of primarily French Canadian, Dutch, and German ancestry. Like her mother, Jolie has stated that she is part Iroquois, although her only known Native American ancestor was a Huron woman born in 1649.
Jolie played her first leading role in the 1993 movie Cyborg 2. In 1999 Jolie played Lisa Rowe in Girl, Interrupted.
She won an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in Girl, Interrupted. She has been married to Jonny Lee Miller and Billy Bob Thornton. In early 2005 Jolie was blamed for the end of Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston's marriage.
She has three adopted children. She lives with actor Brad Pitt. Pitt and Angelina are called 'Brangelina' by the media. They have three biological children. On May 27, 2006, Jolie gave birth to a girl, Shiloh. In 2008, she also gave birth to twins, Vivienne Marcheline and Knox Leon.
On August 28, 2014, Jolie married Pitt in France. Jolie said she might have her ovaries removed to prevent having cancer.
- "Monitor". Entertainment Weekly (1209/1210): pp. 35. Jun 1/8, 2012.
- "Angelina Jolie: Born to be Lara". BBC News. 2001-07-03. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/1418557.stm. Retrieved 2009-10-03.
- Reitwiesner, William Addams. "Ancestry of Angelina Jolie". William Addams Reitwiesner Genealogical Services. Retrieved January 8, 2014.
- "Is Jon Voight Slovak?". University of Pittsburgh. Retrieved January 8, 2014.
- "Angie overdoes the bad girl act". The Daily Telegraph. October 2, 2001. Retrieved January 8, 2014.
- Ditto blasts Jolie
- AP. It's a boy and a girl for Jolie and Pitt. MSNBC.com. July 13, 2008. Accessed September 8, 2008.
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Angelina Jolie|