kidzsearch.com > wiki
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Origin||Baltimore, Maryland, United States|
|Genres||Neo-psychedelia, Experimental music, Indie rock, Freak folk|
|Labels||Animal, Catsup Plate, St. Ives, Paw Tracks, Fat Cat, Domino|
|Associated acts||Panda Bear, Vashti Bunyan, Avey Tare & Kría Brekkan, Jane, Terrestrial Tones, Together|
|Members||David Portner (Avey Tare)|
Noah Lennox (Panda Bear)
Brian Weitz (Geologist)
Josh Dibb (Deakin)
- Avey Tare (David Portner; vocals, guitar, samples, keyboard instruments, percussion) – Name comes from "tearing" apart the name David to make Avey Tare.
- Deakin (Josh Dibb; synthesizer, guitar, vocals) – Name comes from letters he used to write to other members under the name Conrad Deacon. He has used different spellings of the name on different albums: Having been absent from the band's tours since early 2007, he began a solo tour in 2010 (using the spelling "Deakin" at the request of fellow Baltimorean musician Dan Deacon, in order to avoid confusion.)
- Geologist (Brian Weitz; electronics, samples, vocals) – Name comes from the headlamp he wears in order to see the electronics during live shows. Someone mistakenly thought Brian studied geology in college; however, he studied marine biology.
- Panda Bear (Noah Lennox; vocals, percussion, samples, guitar) – Name comes from the panda he drew on the first set of songs he ever wrote.
- Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished (August 2000)
- Danse Manatee (July 2001)
- Campfire Songs (album)|Campfire Songs (March, 2003)
- Here Comes the Indian (June 17, 2003)
- Sung Tongs (May 3, 2004)
- Feels (October 18, 2005)
- Strawberry Jam (September 10, 2007)
- Merriweather Post Pavilion (January 20, 2009)
- Centipede Hz (January, 2012)
- Painting With (February, 2016)
- Prospect Hummer (May 24, 2005)
- People (October 23, 2006)
- Water Curses (May 6, 2008)
- Fall Be Kind (November 23, 2009)
- ODDSAC (January 2010)
- Hollinndagain (2002)
- Animal Crack Box (May 11, 2009)
- Live at 9:30 (September 14, 2015)
- "Archived copy". http://www.freewilliamsburg.com/archives/2005/02/the_animal_coll.html.
- Explained on WNYC's "Spinning On Air," July 30, 2004, second hour.
- Interview Archived 2009-03-09 at the Wayback Machine, The Milk Factory, March 2005.