kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Brigadier General Thayay Sithu
|Chairman of the National League for Democracy|
1991 – 2010
|Preceded by||Tin Oo|
|Succeeded by||Aung San Suu Kyi|
|Commander of Southern Command|
|Commander of Northern Command|
1957 – ?
|Member-elect of Pyithu Hluttaw (1990)|
|Preceded by||Constituency established|
|Succeeded by||Constituency abolished|
|Constituency||Mayangon Township № 1|
|Born||19 May 1918|
Rangoon, British Burma
|Died||13 August 2017 (aged 99)|
|Political party||Burma Socialist Party (before 1962)|
Patriotic Old Comrades' League (1988-?)
National League for Democracy (1988–2010)
|Spouse(s)||Tin Tin Shwe|
|Children||three sons and three daughters|
|Parents||Phoe Con (father)|
Daw Thein (mother)
|Years of service||1945–1961|
Brigadier General Aung Shwe (Burmese: အောင်ရွှေ; 19 May 1918 – 13 August 2017) was a Burmese politician and a member of General Ne Win's Burma Rifles rising to Brigadier General. He was one of the founders and former Chairman of National League for Democracy who took in charge of the party when Aung San Suu Kyi and Tin Oo were under house arrest in the early 2000s.
- "ဗိုလ်မှူးချုပ် သရေစည်သူ အောင်ရွှေ(၁၉၁၈-၂ဝ၁၇)". BBC Burmese. 14 August 2017. http://www.bbc.com/burmese/in-depth-40919204. Retrieved 14 August 2017.
- "Myanmar ruling party's former chairman U Aung Shwe dies" (in en). Xinhua News Agency. 2017-08-14. http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2017-08/14/c_136524341.htm.
- "NLD Secretary U Lwin Suffers Stroke, Chairman Aung Shwe also Ill" (in en). The Irrawaddy News. 2008-10-22. http://www2.irrawaddy.com/article.php?art_id=14490.
- "NLD ပါတီ ဥက္ကဋ္ဌဟောင်း ဦးအောင်ရွှေ ကွယ်လွန်" (in my). BBC News. 2017-08-13. http://www.bbc.com/burmese/burma-40918297.
- Mizzima News Former NLD chairman U Aung Shwe passes away