kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Relative key||D♭ major|
|Parallel key||B♭ major|
|Notes in this scale|
|B♭, C, D♭, E♭, F, G♭, A♭, B♭|
The old valveless horn could not play easily in B-flat minor. In fact, the only example found in 18th century music is a modulation in the first minuet of Franz Krommer's Concertino in D major, Opus 80.
In classical music
- Frédéric Chopin's Piano Sonata No. 2, Nocturne Op. 9 No. 1, and Scherzo No. 2
- Sergei Rachmaninoff's Piano Sonata No. 2
- Dmitri Shostakovich's Symphony No. 13
- Peter Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto No. 1
- Peter Tchaikovsky's Marche Slave
- Sir William Walton's Symphony No. 1
In popular music
- "Part-Time Lover" – Stevie Wonder
- "Cannonball (Damien Rice song)" - Damien Rice
- All eight songs on The Raveonettes' Whip It On album are in the key of B-flat minor. Sune Rose Wagner said it was "Because Shostakovich's symphony no. 13 was in B flat minor."
Diatonic Scales and Keys
|The table shows the number of sharps or flats in each scale. Minor scales are written in lower case.|
- Wilfred Mellers, "Round and About in Górecki's Symphony No. 3" Tempo 168 3 (1989): 23
- J. Murray Barbour, Trumpets, Horns, and Music (1964), p. 163
- "Stevie Wonder – Classic Hits". http://www.earfloss.com/karaoke/8900153_alt_gb.html. Retrieved 2008-02-07.
- "Karaoke Page". http://www.karaoke-version.com/custombackingtrack/damien-rice/cannonball.html. Retrieved 2010-03-03.
- "10 Questions with Sune Rose Wagner". http://ekwimmer.blogspot.com/2007/08/10-questions-with-sune-rose-wagner.html. Retrieved 2008-02-07.