kidzsearch.com > wiki
Beverly Hills, California
|City of Beverly Hills|
Location of Beverly Hills in Los Angeles County, California.
Aerial view, 3D computer generated image
|Incorporated||January 28, 1914|
|Named for||Beverly Farms|
|• Mayor||Julian A. Gold, MD|
|• Vice mayor||John Mirisch|
|• City council||Lili Bosse |
|• City Manager||Mahdi Aluzri|
|• Total||5.71 sq mi (14.79 km2)|
|• Land||5.71 sq mi (14.78 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.01 km2) 0.04%|
|Elevation||259 ft (79 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||6,076.91/sq mi (2,346.29/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−8 (Pacific)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−7 (PDT)|
|GNIS feature IDs||1652672, 2409840|
Beverly Hills is bordered on the north by Bel-Air and the Santa Monica Mountains, on the east by West Hollywood, the Carthay neighborhood of Los Angeles, and the Fairfax District of Los Angeles, and on the south by the Beverlywood.
The largest homes in Los Angeles and in the United States are in Beverly Hills. These homes can be really large and fancy, to more common and modern homes, and then to smaller homes with less than 3,000 square feet, which is still quite a large area.
In 2007, Coldwell Banker lists Beverly Hills as having the most expensive houses. The houses in Beverly Hills cost a lot. They can cost over 2 million dollars. However the houses are large, spacious, and fancy and that is why a lot of celebrities live there, and also because it is close to Hollywood.
- "California Cities by Incorporation Date" (Word). California Association of Local Agency Formation Commissions. http://www.calafco.org/docs/Cities_by_incorp_date.doc.
- "The City of Beverly Hills Mayor and Council Members". Beverlyhills.org. http://www.beverlyhills.org/citygovernment/mayorandcouncilmembers/.
- "Biography of Interim City Manager Mahdi Aluzri". City of Beverly Hills. http://www.beverlyhills.org/citygovernment/citymanager/biographyofinterimcitymanager/.
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. https://www2.census.gov/geo/docs/maps-data/data/gazetteer/2016_Gazetteer/2016_gaz_place_06.txt.
- "Beverly Hills". United States Geological Survey. https://geonames.usgs.gov/apex/f?p=gnispq:3:::NO::P3_FID:1652672.
- "Beverly Hills (city) QuickFacts". United States Census Bureau. http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/06/0606308.html.