kidzsearch.com > wiki
Naming a child after a relative, friend, or well-known person is common in the English-speaking world. When a son is named for his father, they add "Jr."/"II", "III'", or another suffix to the name of the son.
Buildings, such as the Trump Tower (named after Donald Trump, and companies, like the Ford Motor Company (named after Henry Ford, are often named for their founders or owners. A city may be named after someone. For example, Lawrence, Kansas is named after Amos Adams Lawrence.
- "Namesake". Random House. https://www.dictionary.com/browse/namesake.
- "Namesake". Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/namesake.
- "Namesake". American Heritage Dictionary. https://ahdictionary.com/word/search.html?q=namesake.
- "Namesake". HarperCollins. https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/namesake.
- "About Us | City of Lawrence, KS". November 21, 1996. http://www.ci.lawrence.ks.us/about_us.