kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Spears, May 2013
|Birth name||Britney Jean Spears|
December 2, 1981|
McComb, Mississippi, U.S.
Britney Jean Spears (born December 2, 1981), is an American recording artist and entertainer. She has recorded several albums and has received several entertainment industry awards.
Britney Jean Spears was born on December 2, 1981. Her parents are Lynne Irene (née Bridges and James Parnell Spears. She grew up in Kentwood, Louisiana. Her maternal grandmother, Lillian Portell, was English (born in London), and one of Spears's maternal great-great-grandfathers was Maltese. Her siblings are Bryan James and Jamie Lynn. She was the middle of three children.
She prepared early for a career in entertainment. She took music and dance lessons. She often performed for family and friends.
On January 3, 2004, Spears married her childhood friend Jason Allen Alexander in Las Vegas, Nevada. The marriage was annulled 55 hours later. On September 18, 2004, Spears married Kevin Federline. They had a son on September 14, 2005 named Sean Preston Spears Federline. On September 12, 2006, Britney gave birth to their second son, Jayden James Spears Federline.
In November 2006, Spears filed for divorce from Federline. In September of 2007, Spears lost some custody of her two children, Sean Preston and Jayden James, to her ex-husband, Federline. At the beginning of January 2008, Spears lost full custody of her children after a mental breakdown. In February 2008, her father took control of her estate. Spears currently has 50/50 custody of her two sons.
Spears appeared on the 1993-1994 season of the children's television series, The All New Mickey Mouse Club. In 1997, she signed with Jive Records. Her first and second studio albums ...Baby One More Time (1999, the best-selling album by a teenage solo artist) and Oops!... I Did It Again (2000) became great successes. Their title tracks broke sales records around the world.
In 2001, Spears released her third album Britney and starred in the profitmaking but critically panned movie, Crossroads. She developed a more sexualized image, dancing in little clothing with an albino python at the 2001 MTV Video Music Awards. She took creative control of her fourth album In the Zone (2003). The song "Toxic" was a huge success. In 2003, she shared a kiss with Madonna at the 2003 MTV Video Music Awards that raised eyebrows in the entertainment industry and fan magazines.
Spears' fifth album Blackout was released in 2007.
Spears has one Grammy, three MTV Video Music Awards, and her own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. She has had five #1 songs: "Baby One More Time", "Womanizer", "3", "Hold It Against Me" and "S&M(remix)"
Spears has made twelve albums, eight are studio albums, and four compilations:
- ...Baby One More Time (1999)
- Oops!... I Did It Again (2000)
- Britney (2001)
- In the Zone (2003)
- Greatest Hits: My Prerogative (compilation, 2004)
- B In The Mix: The Remixes (compilation, 2005)
- Blackout (album) (2007)
- Circus (2008)
- The Singles Collection (compilation, 2009)
- Femme Fatale (2011)
- B in the Mix: The Remixes Vol. 2 (compilation, 2011)
- Britney Jean (2013)
- "Britney Spears Biography". People. http://www.biography.com/people/britney-spears-9542229. Retrieved January 7, 2014.
- Thomas, Liz (September 17, 2008). "Exclusive: First photos of Britney Spears' newly-discovered British family". Daily Mail (UK). http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1056674/EXCLUSIVE-First-photos-Britney-Spears-newly-discovered-British-family.html. Retrieved January 7, 2014.
- Spears & Craker 2008, p. 4
- Spears & Craker 2008, p. 211
- Britney Spears' ADHD
- "Britney Spears". A&E. http://www.biography.com/people/britney-spears-9542229. Retrieved September 18, 2013.