kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Canada at the Olympics
A Canadian team was not at the 1896 Summer Olympics and the boycotted 1980 Summer Olympics. Canada has won at least one medal at every Olympics. The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is the National Olympic Committee for Canada.
Hosting the Games
Canada has hosted the Games three times.
|1976 Summer Olympics||Montreal||July 17 – August 1||92||6028||198|
|1988 Winter Olympics||Calgary||February 13–28||57||1423||46|
|2010 Winter Olympics||Vancouver||February 12–28||83||2629||86|
Hockey has been Canada's best medal earning sport, along with curling. They have competed at every tournament in both sports.
M = Men's W= Women's B = Both
|Year||Players||Events||Medals||Gender that won|
In 2008, Equestrian show jumper Ian Millar was at his ninth Summer Olympics, tying the record for most Olympic games participated in set by Austrian sailor Hubert Raudaschl between 1964 and 1996. Millar was selected for ten straight Olympic teams, but was not at the 1980 Summer Olympics. In 2008 Millar won his first medal, a silver medal in the team jumping event.
- "Official abbreviations" at The Games of the XVIII Olympiad, Tokyo, 1964, [p. 9 of 409 PDF]; retrieved 2012-8-16.
- Martin Cleary (2008-08-08). "'The Olympics is not a young horse game'". Ottawa Citizen. http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/story.html?id=7e1f1c40-5422-4725-931a-82821ec742df. Retrieved 2008-08-13.
- Doug Smith (2008-08-18). "'Canada wins silver in team show jumping'". Toronto Star. http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/480503. Retrieved 2008-08-18.
- Canada profile at London2012.com
- Canadian Medals by Olympic Games
- CBC Digital Archives - Gold Medal Athletes - 1948-1968
- CBC Digital Archives - Cold Gold: Canada's Winter Winners 1984–2002
- Most Canadian Olympic Medals