kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Computer rendering of the building.
400 N Lake Shore Drive|
|Groundbreaking||June 25, 2007|
|Estimated completion||2012 (est.)|
|Roof||2,000 feet (609.6 m)|
3,000,000 square feet |
(278,709 sq. m)
|Design and construction|
|Main contractor||Case Foundation|
Perkins and Will
As of May 2013, however, interest in the Chicago Spire site has risen, drawing in at least a half-dozen offers for the property. The developer is also considering a bid to take back control of the property, reigniting hope that the 2,000 ft. skyscraper may actually be built.
- Shelbourne Development. (2008, April 06). The Chicago Spire Achieves 30 Percent Sales. Retrieved June 14, 2008 from http://www.shelbournedevelopment.com/press_release.php?id=96
- NewcitySkyline. (2007, August 1). The Chicago Spire is officially under construction. Retrieved August 03, 2007, from http://www.newcityskyline.com/TheChicagoSpireisofficiallyunderconstruction.html
- Repeat. (2006). Calatrava's Latest Twist from Spire to Licorice Stick Retrieved December 11, 2006, from http://lynnbecker.com/repeat/calatravachicago/calatravachicago.htm
- "Chicago Spire". SkyscraperPage.com. http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=39392. Retrieved 2007-08-03.
- "Condo Sit Lives Again". The Wall Street Journal. 2013. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324031404578481434131055620.html. Retrieved May 20, 2013.