kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
|Founded||June 28, 1963|
Tupelo, Mississippi, United States
|Founder||Ralph J. Roberts|
Julian A. Brodsky
|Revenue||US $ 74.51 billion (2015)|
|US $16.00 billion (2015)|
|US $8.16 billion (2015)|
|Total assets||US $166.57 billion (2015)|
|Total equity||US $52.27 billion (2015)|
Number of employees
|153,000 (Dec 2015)|
NBCUniversal (who owns Happy Tree Friends owned by Universal)
On January 28, 2011, Comcast bought 51 percent of NBCUniversal (owner of NBC and Universal Studios) from General Electric, but Comcast owns 51 percent of NBCUniversal while General Electric remains 49 percent of NBCUniversal until 2013. In March 2013, Comcast completed the purchase by acquiring the remaining 49 percent of NBCUniversal from General Electric.
On April 28, 2016, Comcast NBCUniversal announced that it would acquire DreamWorks Animation for $3.8 billion. The Comcast NBCUniversal-DreamWorks Animation acquisition was completed on August 22, 2016.
Comcast has launched their own streaming service called Peacock. It has many movies and TV shows made by NBC and Universal, as well as those made by companies that they own, such as DreamWorks they own Classic Media (CM's subsidiaries are Bullwinkle and Harvey together) and Illumination.
- "Comcast bids for Disney". http://money.cnn.com/2004/02/11/news/companies/comcast_disney/. Retrieved November 5, 2016.
- "CMCSK:US". https://www.bloomberg.com/quote/CMCSK:US. Retrieved November 5, 2016.
- "Comcast Corporation - Other". http://apps.shareholder.com/sec/viewerContent.aspx?companyid=CMCSA&docid=2752461.
- IfM - Comcast/NBCUniversal, LLC. Institute of Media and Communications Policy Mediadb.eu (undated). Retrieved on June 11, 2015.
- People: Comcast Corp (CMCSA.OQ). Reuters. https://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/companyOfficers?symbol=CMCSA.OQ. Retrieved February 22, 2014.
- "COMCAST CORP 2015 Annual Report Form (10-K)" (XBRL). United States Securities and Exchange Commission. February 5, 2016. https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/902739/000119312516452423/d49239d10k.htm.
- "Comcast, Form 10-K, Annual Report, Filing Date Feb 05, 2016". https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/902739/000119312516452423/d49239d10k.htm. Retrieved February 8, 2016.
- Valuentum (June 21, 2016). "Comcast Impresses With Free Cash Flow Generation". http://seekingalpha.com/article/3983434-comcast-impresses-free-cash-flow-generation.
- National Cable & Telecommunications Association, Top 25 MSOs - As of March 2007
- "How to Build your Own VPN? Setup your own Virtual Private Network". March 25, 2018. https://www.hardwarecentral.com/vpn/build-vpn/.
- "Comcast Now Third Largest Phone Company", DSL Reports, 2009, http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Comcast-Now-Third-Largest-Phone-Company-101317, retrieved 2010-03-19