kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
The term CAD/CAM is a shortening of Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and Computer-Aided Manufacture (CAM). The term CAD/NC (Numerical Control) is equivalent in some industries. Most CAD/CAM software was developed for product development and to design and manufacture of components and molds. They are also increasingly used by architects. CAD/CAM software uses CAD drawing tools to describe geometries used by the CAM portion of the program to define a toolpath that will direct the motion of a machine tool to machine the exact shape that was drawn.
3D CAD/CAM software provides the ability to control CNC machinery from 2.5 axis, 3 axis and multi axis CNC machines.
Expert CAD/CAM systems were developed around 1988 .
- "3D CAD Design Software" (in en). https://www.solidworks.com/home-page.
- "Inventor | Mechanical Design And 3D CAD Software | Autodesk" (in en-GB). https://www.autodesk.co.uk/products/inventor/overview.
- "CATIA™ 3DEXPERIENCE® - Dassault Systèmes® 3D Software" (in en). https://www.3ds.com/products-services/catia/.
- "AutoCAD For Mac & Windows | CAD Software | Autodesk" (in en-GB). https://www.autodesk.co.uk/products/autocad/overview.
- Ltd, SolidCAM (2019-07-23). "The Leaders in Integrated CAM" (in en). https://www.solidcam.com/.
- "CAMWorks | CAM Software | CNC Software for Machine Tools" (in en-US). https://camworks.com/.
- overview "metalwork designs history | CAM And 3D CAD Software | access-complete history". https://www.metalworkingsuppliers.com/ overview.