kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
|53rd United States Secretary of the Interior|
|Assumed office |
April 11, 2019
Acting: January 2, 2019 – April 11, 2019
|Preceded by||Ryan Zinke|
|5th United States Deputy Secretary of the Interior|
August 1, 2017 – April 11, 2019
|Preceded by||Michael L. Connor|
|Solicitor of the United States Department of the Interior|
October 5, 2006 – January 20, 2009
|President||George W. Bush|
|Preceded by||Sue Ellen Wooldridge|
|Succeeded by||Hilary Tompkins|
David Longly Bernhardt
August 17, 1969
Rifle, Colorado, U.S.
|Residence||Arlington, Virginia, U.S.|
|Education||University of Northern Colorado (BA)|
George Washington University (JD)
David Longly Bernhardt (born August 17, 1969) is an American attorney, lobbyist and politician. He is the 53rd and current United States Secretary of the Interior since 2019. He was the Deputy United States Secretary of the Interior when Ryan Zinke was secretary.
On April 28, 2017, President Donald Trump nominated him to be the United States Deputy Secretary of the Interior. He was confirmed by the U.S. Senate on July 24, 2017. He became Acting Secretary of the Interior on January 2, 2019, replacing Ryan Zinke. In February 2019, Trump nominated Bernhardt to serve the position as the permanent secretary. He was confirmed on April 11, 2019.
- Soraghan, Mike (November 18, 2005). "Colo. lawyer tapped for Interior post". Denverpost.com. http://www.denverpost.com/2005/11/18/colo-lawyer-tapped-for-interior-post/. Retrieved May 13, 2017.
- Soraghan, Mike (December 4, 2006). "Interior lawyer knows Colorado". Denverpost.com. http://www.denverpost.com/2006/12/04/interior-lawyer-knows-colorado/. Retrieved May 13, 2017.
- Trump taps former Bush official for key Interior post. April 28, 2017. http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/331107-trump-taps-former-bush-official-for-key-interior-post. Retrieved May 13, 2017.
- Paul, Jesse (July 24, 2017). "Colorado’s David Bernhardt, Trump’s nominee for Interior Department post, is confirmed by Senate". The Denver Post. http://www.denverpost.com/2017/07/24/david-bernhardt-confirmed-interior-department/. Retrieved July 26, 2017.
- "Trump to nominate ex-energy lobbyist Bernhardt to head Interior". Reuters. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-interior-bernhardt/trump-to-nominate-ex-energy-lobbyist-bernhardt-to-head-interior-idUSKCN1PT24V. Retrieved February 7, 2019.
- "PN503 - Nomination of David Bernhardt for Department of the Interior, 116th Congress (2019-2020)". April 11, 2019. https://www.congress.gov/nomination/116th-congress/503. Retrieved April 12, 2019.