kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Ealing Art College
In the early 1960s, the School of Art taught fashion design, graphic design, photography, music and art. The college was attended by Freddie Mercury, Ronnie Wood and Pete Townshend, who later became famous rock music performers. There was also a School of Liberal Arts. It taught language courses in French, Spanish, German and Russian.
On the campus site now is the University of West London.
- Pete Townshend - lead guitarist of The Who
- Freddie Mercury - lead singer of Queen
- Roger Ruskin Spear - saxophone and theremin player in The Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band
- Ronnie Wood - guitarist with The Faces and The Rolling Stones
- "Ealing School Of Art 1957". British Pathe Studios. http://www.britishpathe.com/video/ealing-school-of-art. Retrieved 10 August 2014.
- "Freddie studied at Ealing Art College, where his contemporaries included Peter Townshend and Ronnie Wood. It was here that he started thinking about pursuing a career in music". Odd Stuff Magazine. 2014. http://oddstuffmagazine.com/freddie-mercury-the-great-pretender.html/4-130. Retrieved 10 August 2014.