kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
East Los Angeles, California
Location of East Los Angeles in Los Angeles County, California
|• Total||7.452 sq mi (19.302 km2)|
|• Land||7.448 sq mi (19.291 km2)|
|• Water||0.004 sq mi (0.011 km2) 0.06%|
|Elevation||200 ft (61 m)|
|• Density||16,974.8/sq mi (6,553.52/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-8 (PST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-7 (PDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1660583|
East Los Angeles (Spanish: Este de Los Ángeles), also called East L.A., is an unincorporated area and census-designated place (CDP) in Los Angeles County, California. It is part of the Greater Los Angeles area and is to the east of Los Angeles. At the 2010 census, 126,496 people lived there. A lot of Hispanic and Latino Americans live there. About 96% of its people are Hispanic or Latino. This is the highest number for any CDP with more than 100,000 people. Even though it is called East Los Angeles, it is not part of the city of Los Angeles. In the 1920s, it was first called Belvedere or Belvedere Gardens.
- U.S. Census Archived 2012-07-02 at the Wayback Machine
- "East Los Angeles". United States Geological Survey. https://geonames.usgs.gov/apex/f?p=gnispq:3:::NO::P3_FID:1660583.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001), East Los Angeles CDP, California". U.S. Census Bureau. http://factfinder.census.gov/bkmk/table/1.0/en/DEC/10_SF1/G001/1600000US0620802. Retrieved September 4, 2019.
- "U.S. Census Bureau QuickFacts: East Los Angeles CDP, California" (in en). https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/eastlosangelescdpcalifornia/PST045218.
- Sharon R. Ennis, Merarys Ríos-Vargas, and Nora G. Albert, "The Hispanic Population: 2010", 2010 Census Briefs, issued May 2011.