kidzsearch.com > wiki
Edward Douglass White
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Edward Douglass White|
|9th Chief Justice of the United States|
December 12, 1910 – May 19, 1921
|Nominated by||William Howard Taft|
|Preceded by||Melville Fuller|
|Succeeded by||William Howard Taft|
|Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court|
February 19, 1894 – December 12, 1910
|Nominated by||Grover Cleveland|
|Preceded by||Samuel Blatchford|
|Succeeded by||Willis Van Devanter|
| United States Senator |
March 4, 1891 – March 12, 1894
|Preceded by||James B. Eustis|
|Succeeded by||Newton C. Blanchard|
|Born|| November 3, 1845|
Thibodeauxville, Louisiana, United States
|Died|| May 19, 1921 (aged 75)|
Washington, D.C., United States
|Spouse(s)||Virginia Montgomery Kent|
|Alma mater|| Mount Saint Mary's College,|
Edward Douglass White, Jr. (November 3, 1845 – May 19, 1921) was an American politician and jurist. He was a United States senator, Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court and the ninth Chief Justice of the United States.
- Ariens, Michael, Edward Douglass White.
- Bust of Edward Douglass White, Oyez. official Supreme Court media.
- The E. D. White Historic Site, including the original plantation home, operated by the Louisiana State Museum
- Edward Douglas White biography, Supreme Court Historical Society.
- Edward Douglas White, official Supreme Court media, Oyez.
- The White Court, 1910-1921, History of the Court, Supreme Court Historical Society.
- Edward Douglass White memorial at Find a Grave.