kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|8th Chief Justice of the United States|
October 8, 1888 – July 4, 1910
|Nominated by||Grover Cleveland|
|Preceded by||Morrison Waite|
|Succeeded by||Edward Douglass White|
|Born||February 11, 1833|
Augusta, Maine, U.S.
|Died||July 4, 1910 (aged 77)|
Sorrento, Maine, U.S.
|Resting place||Graceland Cemetery, Uptown, Chicago, Illinois, U.S.|
|Spouse(s)||Calista Reynolds (1858); Mary Coolbaugh (1866)|
|Alma mater||Bowdoin College|
Melville Weston Fuller (February 11, 1833 – July 4, 1910) was an American lawyer, jurist, and politician. He was the eighth Chief Justice of the United States between 1888 and 1910. He was nominated by Grover Cleveland.
- Supreme Court Justices Who Are Phi Beta Kappa Members, Phi Beta Kappa website, accessed Oct 4, 2009
- Christensen, George A. (1983) Here Lies the Supreme Court: Gravesites of the Justices, Yearbook Supreme Court Historical Society at Internet Archive.
- Melville Fuller memorial at Find a Grave.
- See also, Christensen, George A., Here Lies the Supreme Court: Revisited, Journal of Supreme Court History, Volume 33 Issue 1, Pages 17 - 41 (19 Feb 2008), University of Alabama.
- Ariens, Michael, Melville Fuller.
- Supreme Court Historical Society:
- Oyez Project Melville W. Fuller Biography, U.S. Supreme Court media.
- Orth, John V. Answers.com Melville Fuller.
- Reed, Lawrence W. (March 10, 2006), Melville W. Fuller: A Model Chief Justice Mackinac Center for Public Policy.