kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Exergaming or exer-gaming (a portmanteau of "exercise" (moving the body) and "gaming") is a word used for video games that are also a form of exercise. Exergaming is based upon technology that records body movement. The game type has been credited with promoting an active lifestyle. Exergames are seen as coming from technology changes with the purpose of making videogames more fun.
- Gaming gets in shape. BBC Sport (2006-08-22). Retrieved on 2009-08-08.
- Considerations for the design of exergames (2007). ACM Digital Library. Retrieved on 2009-08-08.
- Lewis, Nick (2009-06-19). Exergaming'may combat kids' sedentary lifestyles. Calgary Herald. Retrieved on 2009-08-08.
- van Aarem, Amy (2008-01-10). 'Exergaming' helps jump-start sedentary children. The Boston Globe. Retrieved on 2009-08-08.
- Tara Parker-Pope. "The PlayStation Workout: Videogames That Get Kids to Jump, Kick and Sweat." Wall Street Journal. October 4, 2005. Retrieved on December 1, 2006.