kidzsearch.com > wiki
- Fireworks redirects here. For the individual items that make up a fireworks display, see Firework
A fireworks event (also called a fireworks display or fireworks show) is a display of the effects created by firework devices on various occasions. Fireworks events are often used during holidays. Fireworks competitions are also regularly held at a number of places.
Fireworks dates back to the 7th century and originated in China. The Chinese developed many different kinds of fireworks with a variety of effects and color. The art and science of firework making developed into an independent profession. In China, pyrotechnicians were respected for their knowledge of complex techniques in mounting firework displays.
- Temple, Robert K.G. (2007). The Genius of China: 3,000 Years of Science, Discovery, and Invention (3rd edition). London: André Deutsch, pp. 256-265. ISBN 9780233002026
- Hutchins, Paul (2009). The secret doorway: Beyond imagination. Imagination Publishing. pp. 27. .
- Tips on Fireworks Safety, Dos and donots
- How Fireworks work
- Fireworks photography tutorial
- The Pyrotechnics Guild International, an independent worldwide nonprofit organization of amateur and professional fireworks enthusiasts.
- A pyrowiki on pyrotechics
- Tarragona International Fireworks Competition, Spain