kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Baker in 1997
|Birth name||Peter Edward Baker|
|Born||19 August 1939|
Lewisham, London, England
|Died||6 October 2019 (aged 80)|
Canterbury, Kent, England
Peter Edward "Ginger" Baker (19 August 1939 – 6 October 2019) was an English drummer. He was a founder of the rock band Cream. His work in the 1960s earned him the title of "rock's first superstar drummer". Baker is known for his musical genres jazz fusion, heavy metal and world music.
In 2013, Baker was diagnosed with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. In September 2019, his family announced he was critically ill and asked fans to keep him in their prayers. While it was announced Baker was holding his own three days later; he eventually died on 6 October 2019 at the age of 80.
- Baker, Ginger and Ginette. Hellraiser The autobiography of the World's Most Famous Drummer. John Blake Publishing.
- Adam Budofski, The Drummer: 100 Years of Rhythmic Power and Invention, Hal Leonard Corporation, 2010
- "Baker’s back". idrummag.com. 10 February 2013. http://www.idrummag.com/interviews/bakers-back/. Retrieved 27 December 2016.
- Daly, Rhian (30 September 2019). "Cream's Ginger Baker is "holding his own "after being admitted to hospital in critical condition". https://www.nme.com/news/music/cream-ginger-baker-critically-ill-hospital-family-2551376.
- "CREAM's GINGER BAKER Is 'Holding His Own' In Hospital". 29 September 2019. https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/creams-ginger-baker-is-holding-his-own-in-hospital/.
- Keepnews, Peter (October 6, 2019). "Ginger Baker, Superstar Rock Drummer With U.K. Band Cream, Is Dead at 80". The New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/06/arts/music/ginger-baker-dead.html. Retrieved October 6, 2019.