kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Hla Myint (Burmese: လှမြင့် [l̥a̰ mjɪ̰ɴ]; 1920 – 9 March 2017) was a Burmese economist. He was known as one of the pioneers of development of welfare economics. He worked on the importance of export-orientation as the most useful "engine of growth". He was born in Bassein, Irrawaddy Division, British Burma. Myint served as Emeritus Professor of Economics, teaching development economics, at the London School of Economics from 1966 to 1985.
- Theories of Welfare Economics, Longmans Green, 1948.
- Economic Theory and the Underdeveloped Countries, 1971
- Southeast Asia's Economy: Development Policies in the 1970s (Penguin Modern Economics Texts) Penguin Books, 1972
- Kaung, Kyi May, (1995) Theories, Paradigms, or Models in Burma Studies, Asian Survey. Vol. 35, No. 11 (Nov.), pp. 1030-1041
- Blaug, Mark (1986) Who's who in economics: a biographical dictionary of major economists, 1700-1986, MIT Press
- "Professor Hla Myint, 1985". Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/photos/lselibrary/3982882799/. Retrieved 23 August 2011.
- "Economist U Hla Myint Dies at 97". The Irrawaddy. 10 March 2017. https://www.irrawaddy.com/news/burma/economist-u-hla-myint-dies-at-97.html. Retrieved 10 March 2017.