kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
ھەرێمی کوردستان (Kurdish)
and largest city
|Hewlêr (Erbil / Arbil)|
• Accord signed
|March 11, 1970|
• De facto autonomy
• Regional government established
|July 4, 1992|
|January 30, 2005|
|40,643 km2 (15,692 sq mi)|
• 2013 estimate
|GDP (nominal)||2011 estimate|
• Per capita
|Currency||Iraqi dinar (IQD)|
Iraqi Kurdistan also known as Kurdistan Region (Kurdish: هەرێمى كوردستان, Herêma Kurdistan, Arabic: إقليم كردستان العراق) is a partial self-governing region north of Iraq, south of Turkey east of Iran and west of Syria. Its capital is Arbil and it's called Hewlêr in Kurdish.
The area is 80,000 km² and 5,500,000 people live there.
Iraqi Kurdistan is divided into 6 provinces.
- 3 of the provinces that are under control of Iraqi Kurdistan are:
1.As Sulaymaniyah (Silemanî)
- The provinces that are a part of Iraqi Kurdistan are:
The population in Iraqi Kurdistan is about 5-6 million. Most of these people are Sunni Muslims. There are also many Yazidis, Kakeyís and Christians. Kurds make the ethnic majority in the region while the Turkmen, Assyrians, Armenians and Arabs make up the rest of the western part of the area.
- "Investment Factsheet Kurdistan Region–Iraq". iraq-jccme.jp. 2012-10. http://www.iraq-jccme.jp/pdf/arc/04_krg_Investment_factsheet_en.pdf. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG)