kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
James P. Allison
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|James P. Allison|
James P. Allison in 2018
|Born||James Patrick Allison|
August 7, 1948
|Institutions||M. D. Anderson Cancer Center |
Weill Cornell Medicine
University of California, Berkeley
|Alma mater||University of Texas, Austin|
|Doctoral advisor||G. Barrie Kitto|
|Known for||Cancer immunotherapy|
|Notable awards||Breakthrough Prize in Life Sciences (2014)|
Tang Prize (2014)
Louisa Gross Horwitz Prize (2014)
Harvey Prize (2014)
Gairdner Foundation International Award (2014)
Lasker-DeBakey Clinical Medical Research Award (2015)
Wolf Prize (2017)
Balzan Prize (2017, jointly with Robert D. Schreiber)
The Sjöberg Prize (2017, jointly with Anthony R. Hunter)
King Faisal International Prize (2018)
Albany Medical Center Prize (2018)
Dr. Paul Janssen Award for Biomedical Research (2018)
Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine (2018)
- "First Tang Prize for Biopharmaceutical Science Awarded to James P. Allison, PhD, and Tasuku Honjo, MD, PhD". www.tang-prize.org (ASCO Post). 10 July 2014. http://www.tang-prize.org/en/media_detail.php?cat=24&id=396. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- Foundation, Lasker. "Unleashing the immune system to combat cancer | The Lasker Foundation". The Lasker Foundation (Lasker Foundation). http://www.laskerfoundation.org/awards/show/unleashing-immune-system-combat-cancer/. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- James Allison wins 2018 Dr. Paul Janssen Award for Biomedical Research. https://www.janssen.com/belgium/james-allison-phd-wins-2018-dr-paul-janssen-award-biomedical-research. Retrieved 11 September 2018.
- "James Allison". Cancer Research Institute. http://www.cancerresearch.org/our-strategy-impact/people-behind-the-progress/scientists/james-allison. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- "2014 Tang Prize in Biopharmaceutical Science". Archived from the original on 2017-10-20. https://web.archive.org/web/20171020051653/http://www.tang-prize.org/en/owner.php?cat=11&y=2.
- Devlin, Hannah (2018-10-01). "James P Allison and Tasuku Honjo win Nobel prize for medicine". https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/oct/01/james-p-allison-and-tasuku-honjo-win-nobel-prize-for-medicine.