kidzsearch.com > wiki
Jim B. Tucker
|Jim B. Tucker|
Jim B. Tucker
|Occupation||Bonner-Lowry Professor of Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Sciences|
Jim B. Tucker is medical director of the Child and Family Psychiatric Clinic, and associate professor at the Division of Perceptual Studies, at the University of Virginia. His main research interests are reincarnation research, and prenatal and birth memories. Tucker, a child psychiatrist, worked for several years on this research with Ian Stevenson before taking over upon Stevenson’s retirement in 2002. Tucker is the author of Life Before Life: A Scientific Investigation of Children’s Memories of Previous Lives. He has been interviewed about reincarnation in print and broadcast media in the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada.
- Division of perceptual studies - Staff University of Virginia
- Shroder, Tom. Old Souls: The Scientific Evidence For Past Lives. Simon & Schuster. pp. 230–232. .
- Chopra, Deepak (2008). Life After Death: The Burden of Proof. Three Rivers Press. p. 178. . "The most detailed study of such children comes from psychiatrist Ian Stevenson at the University of Virginia, work now being continued there by psychiatrist Jim Tucker.".
- Philip Clayton; Zachary R. Simpson (2006). The Oxford handbook of religion and science. Oxford University Press. p. 35. . "Indirect evidence may be provided by third-person methods, such as the field studies of Ian Stevenson and his scientific successor Jim Tucker.".
- Division of Perceptual Studies University of Virginia