kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Legendary Pokémon are very rare Pokémon in the Pokémon world.[source?] Characters in the series often believe that the said Pokémon does not exist or claim that very few people have seen them.[source?] They are hard to catch, and are stronger than most other Pokémon.[source?] In the games some roam around, while others stay in one spot until the trainer knocks it out or captures it.[source?] If the player defeat a legendary Pokémon, they will not be available again, because there is only one of them.[source?] Because of this, players usually save their game before going to battle the Pokémon.[source?]A dusk ball is a popular choice for catching legendary Pokémon because many can be found in caves but the master ball are also popular.
These Pokémon are in the Kanto region, which appears in Pokémon Red and Blue, and its related games.
- Articuno (フリーザー Furīzā ) - An Ice/Flying-type Pokémon. It is the first Legendary Bird. Articuno is in the Seafoam Islands of Kanto. It is also seen flying around Sinnoh in Pokémon Platinum after the player talks to Prof. Oak. When released from a Poké Ball in Super Smash Bros. Melee, Articuno will use a Blizzard attack that freezes any opponent.
- Zapdos (サンダー Sandā ) - An Electric/Flying-type Pokémon. It is the second Legendary Bird. Zapdos is in the Power Plant in Kanto. It is also seen flying around Sinnoh in Pokémon Platinum after the player talks to Prof. Oak. When released from a Poké Ball in Super Smash Bros. Melee, Zapdos uses a powerful Thunder Shock that attacks several times.
- Moltres (ファイヤー Faiyā ) - A Fire/Flying-type Pokémon. It is the third Legendary Bird. Moltres is in the Victory Road in early games. In FireRed and LeafGreen, Moltres is in Mount Ember on the first Sevii Island. It is also seen flying around Sinnoh in Pokémon Platinum after the player talks to Prof. Oak. In Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver it is in Mt. Silver. In Super Smash Bros. Melee or Brawl when released from a Poké Ball, Moltres will flap its wings, burning players. It will then fly away.
- Mew (ミュウ Myū ) - A Psychic-type Pokémon. Mew can only be caught through special events or by using a cheating device like a Gameshark. In the Super Smash Bros. series, when released from a Poké Ball, Mew will give the players bonus points, and fly away. In Brawl it can drop a CD.
- Mewtwo (ミュウツー Myūtsū ) A Psychic-type Pokémon. Players can get Mewtwo in the Cerulean Cave, which opens after defeating the Elite Four. Mewtwo is a character in Super Smash Bros. Melee, and uses the moves Shadow Ball, Confusion, Teleport, and Disable.
These Pokémon are in the Johto region, which appears in Pokémon Gold and Silver, and its related games.
- Entei (エンテイ Entei ) is a Fire-type Pokémon. It roams after the player makes them leave from Ecruteak City's Burned Tower. It appears in Kanto in Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen if the player started off with Bulbasaur. When released from a Poké Ball in Super Smash Bros. Melee or Brawl, Entei unleashes a volcanic Fire Spin that deals a lot of damage to any opponents that get trapped in it.
- Raikou (ライコウ Raikou ) is a Electric-type Pokémon. It roams after the player makes them leave from Ecruteak City's Burned Tower. It appears in Kanto in Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen if the player started off with Squirtle. When released from a Poké Ball in Super Smash Bros. Melee, Raikou releases a powerful Spark attack that shocks any opponents that get caught in it.
- Suicune (スイクン Suikun ) is a Water-type Pokémon. It roams after the player makes them leave from Ecruteak City's Burned Tower. In Pokémon Crystal it goes to the Tin Tower instead of roaming. It appears in Kanto in FireRed and LeafGreen if the player started off with Charmander. When released from a Poké Ball in Super Smash Bros. Melee, Suicune unleashes a blast of Icy Wind that causes high levels of damage. Suicune returns in Brawl but with a different attack, Aurora Beam.
These Pokémon are in the Hoenn region, which appears in Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire, and its related games.
- Kyogre (カイオーガ Kyogre ) is a Water-type Pokémon. It is in the Cave of Origin in Pokémon Sapphire, and Marine Cave in Pokémon Emerald. In Pokémon HeartGold Kyogre is at the Hidden Tower after the player gets the Blue Orb. After being released from a Poké Ball in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Kyogre opens its mouth and squirts out a stream of water. The water is non-damaging, but causes characters to be knocked back with lots of force. Touching Kyogre's body will do damage. Kyogre also appears as a trophy.
- Groudon (グラードン Groudon ) is a Ground-type Pokémon. It is in the Cave of Origin in Pokémon Ruby, and Terra Cave in Pokémon Emerald. In Pokémon SoulSilver Groudon is at the Hidden Tower after the player gets the Red Orb. After being released from a Poké Ball in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, it uses Overheat causing anyone to come into contact with it to be set on fire and sent flying. Due to its huge size, it takes up a lot of the stage, making its attack hard to avoid.
- Rayquaza (レックウザ Rayquaza ) is a Dragon/Flying-type Pokémon. In Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, it is in Sky Pillar. In Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Rayquaza is at the Hidden Tower after the player gets the Green Orb from Professor Oak. Rayquaza shows up in Super Smash Bros. Brawl as a boss in the game's story mode.
These Pokémon are in the Sinnoh region, which appears in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, and its related games.
- Dialga (ディアルガ) is a Steel/Dragon-type Pokémon. Dialga appears as a stage Pokémon in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It affects the stage different ways by slowing down time, and even going off of its post to attack the players in the middle. It can also distort the stage, as well as shoot beams.
- Palkia (パルキア) is a Water/Dragon-type Pokémon. Palkia appears as a stage Pokémon in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It uses its powers to distort the stage however possible. Some examples include tilting the stage, turning the stage completely upside down and reversing the screen itself (the last two will cause the movement controls to be reversed temporarily). It often shoot beams in the cave below, dealing a lot of damage to the players that get caught in the blast.
- Victini is the first Fire/Psychic-type Pokémon known as the Victory Pokémon. It is a small rodent-like Pokémon with large pointed ears shaped like letter V. Victini was designed to be more appealing to women. Victini can be obtained from a wi-fi event. For the first month of the game's release, the Liberty Ticket can be obtained, which allows the player to find Victini.
- Cobalion (コバルオン Kobaruon , Cobalon) is a Steel/Fighting-type Pokémon known as the Iron Will Pokémon. It bears a close resemblance to a markhor. After getting Cobalion in Mistralton Cave, Terrakion and Virizion are able to be fought.
- Terrakion (テラキオン Terakion ) is a Rock/Fighting-type Pokémon known as the Cavern Pokémon. It resembles an ox. It is at Victory Road after battling Cobalion.
- Virizion (ビリジオン Birijion ) is a Grass/Fighting-type Pokémon known as the Grassland Pokémon. It resembles an antelope. It is at Pinwheel Forest after battling Cobalion.
- Tornadus (トルネロス Torunerosu , Tornelos) is a Flying-type Pokémon known as the Whirlwind Pokémon. He is based on Fūjin, the god of wind. Tornadus can only be encountered in Pokémon Black.
- Thundurus (ボルトロス Borutorosu , Voltolos) is a Electric/Flying-type Pokémon known as the Lightning Strike Pokémon. He is based on Raijin, the god of thunder and lightning. Thundurus can only be encountered in Pokémon White.
- Landorus (ランドロス Randorosu , Landlos) is a Ground/Flying-type Pokémon known as the Abundance Pokémon. He is based on Inari, the god of fertility. Landorus can only be encountered at a location known as the Abundant Shrine if the player has both Tornadus and Thundurus in their party.
- Reshiram (レシラム Reshiramu ) is a Dragon/Fire-type Pokémon known as the Vast White Pokémon, and is the mascot for Pokémon Black. It resembles a white wyvern, with wing-shaped arms and claws.
- Zekrom (ゼクロム Zekuromu ) is a Dragon/Electric-type Pokémon known as the Deep Black Pokémon, and is the mascot for Pokémon White. It resembles a black dragon/dinosaur, with wing-like formations on its forearms.
- Kyurem (キュレム Kyuremu ) is a Dragon/Ice-type Pokémon known as the Boundary Pokémon. It resembles a large bipedal gray dragon with various icy appendages.
- Genesect is the newest Pokémon in the Unova region. Genesect is a bug/steel Pokémon and is obtained by a WiFi event. There is an explanation of it in Japanese.
- Meloetta is a Normal/Psychic Pokémon known as the melody Pokémon. This Pokémon holds the key to the reveal glass, which is able to transform Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus into their Therian forms. It also has a Pirouette form.
These Pokémon are in the Kalos region, which appears in Pokémon X and Y.
- Xerneas (ゼルネアス Zeruneasu ) is a Fairy-type Pokémon known as the Life Pokémon. It is the mascot for Pokémon X. It resembles a deer, with X-shaped glints in its eyes and jewels on its antlers.
- Yveltal (イベルタル Iberutaru ) is a Dark/Flying-type Pokémon known as the Destruction Pokémon. It is the mascot for Pokémon Y. It resembles the letter Y.
- Zygarde (ジガルデ Jigarude ) is a Dragon/Ground-type Pokémon known as the Order Pokémon. Its body resembles the letter Z.