kidzsearch.com > wiki
Location in Overijssel
|• Total||161.84 km2 (62.49 sq mi)|
|• Land||141.34 km2 (54.57 sq mi)|
|• Water||20.50 km2 (7.92 sq mi)|
(1 January 2007)
|• Density||349/km2 (900/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
It is the home of football team DOS Kampen.
The sister cities of Kampen are:
The city of Kampen
Famous people from Kampen
- Hendrick Avercamp (27 January 1585, - 15 May 1634, nicknamed "de Stomme van Kampen" (The Mute of Kampen)), is a painter best known for his small winter landscapes. Thea Beckman showed him as a character in some books. In Kampen, a street (Avercampstraat) and a café are named after him.
- Dr. Willem Johan Kolff, (born: 14 February 1911, Leiden) inventor of the artificial kidney. A street in Kampen is named after him (Dr. Kolfflaan).
- Petra van Staveren (born: 1966, Kampen), a swimmer who won the golden medal in the 100 metres breaststroke at the 1984 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles, California.
- Official Website of Kampen
- Website of the Grandcafé De Stomme van Campen
- Kampen in Oude ansichten (Old postcards from Kampen)
- 7 Medieval Cities Website
- A Windmill in Kampen
- Pictures of Kampen Archived 2007-09-28 at the Wayback Machine
Almelo · Borne · Dalfsen · Deventer · Dinkelland · Enschede · Haaksbergen · Hardenberg · Hellendoorn · Hengelo · Hof van Twente · Kampen · Losser · Oldenzaal · Olst-Wijhe · Ommen · Raalte · Rijssen-Holten · Staphorst · Steenwijkerland · Tubbergen · Twenterand · Wierden · Zwartewaterland · Zwolle