kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
from trailer for The Toast of New Orleans (1950)
Zelma Kathryn Elisabeth Hedrick
February 9, 1922
|Died||February 17, 2010 (aged 88)|
|Spouse(s)||John Shelton |
(m. 1941-1946; divorced)
(m. 1947-1951; divorced)
|Children||Patricia Kathryn (born 1948)|
Grayson trained as an opera singer starting at age 12. She was under contract to MGM by the early 1940s. Most of her work was in musicals. She was the lead in movies such as Thousands Cheer (1943), Anchors Aweigh (1945) with Frank Sinatra and Gene Kelly,Show Boat (1951) and Kiss Me Kate (1953) (both with Howard Keel).
Musicals stopped being popular. She then worked in theatre. She was in Camelot (1962–1964). Later in the decade she was in several operas, including La bohème, Madama Butterfly, Orpheus in the Underworld and La traviata.
- Thomas, Bob (2010-02-18). "Music legend Kathryn Grayson dies at 88". Associated Press via USA Today. https://www.usatoday.com/life/people/obit/2010-02-18-grayson_N.htm. Retrieved 2010-02-18.
- Obituary New York Times, February 19, 2010.
- Obituary Los Angeles Times, February 19, 2010.
- Obituary Washington Post, February 19, 2010.
- Obituary The Times, February 20, 2010.
- Ronald Bergan Obituary, London Guardian, 19 February 2010
- Obituary London Independent, February 22, 2010.