kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
The Washington Post
|Democracy Dies in Darkness|
|Managing editors||Emilio Garcia-Ruiz|
|Staff writers||Approx. 800 journalists|
|Founded||December 6, 1877|
|Circulation||356,768 (Daily, 2015)|
838,014 (Sunday, 2013)
1,000,000 (Digital, 2018)
The Washington Post is an American daily newspaper. It is Washington, D.C.'s largest newspaper. It is also its oldest and was founded in 1877. It focuses on national politics. D.C., Maryland, and Virginia editions are printed to be sold daily. Amazon's creator Jeff Bezos bought the newspaper company in 2013.
- Somaiya, Ravi (September 2, 2014). Publisher of The Washington Post Will Resign. https://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/03/business/Katharine-Weymouth-publisher-of-The-Washington-Post-will-resign.html?_r=0. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- Clabaugh, Jeff (October 1, 2013). Jeff Bezos Completes Washington Post Acquisition. American City Business Journals. http://www.bizjournals.com/washington/news/2013/10/01/jeff-bezos-completes-washington-post.html. Retrieved October 1, 2013.
- Washington Post Staff (January 1, 2016). "Leadership of The Washington Post". https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ask-the-post/wp/2016/01/01/masthead-of-the-washington-post. Retrieved February 12, 2018.
- Ember, Sydney (April 2, 2018). "To Trump, It's the 'Amazon Washington Post.' To Its Editor, That's Baloney.". The New York Times. . https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/02/business/media/to-trump-its-the-amazon-washington-post-to-its-editor-thats-baloney.html.
- Achenbach, Joel (December 10, 2015). "Hello, new Washington Post, home to tiny offices but big new ambitions". https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/magazine/hello-new-washington-post-home-to-tiny-offices-but-big-new-ambitions/2015/12/07/323d3140-798c-11e5-b9c1-f03c48c96ac2_story.html. Retrieved December 14, 2015.