kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Kratos is a minor Ancient Greek god or demon. His name comes from the Greek word for "power" or "strength". He was a guardian of the throne of Zeus. Kratos was the second son of Zeus and also the brother of Nike, Zelus, and Bia. He was one of the few people who dragged Prometheus to the rock where he was chained. His name is used as part of other words about power, including democracy, theocracy, plutocracy, aristocracy and dictator.
This Kratos is not to be confused with the protagonist of the video game franchise "God of War." That Kratos is a Spartan warrior and son of Zeus, who is enslaved by Ares, the Greek God of War. Over the course of the original God of War game, Kratos escapes bondage and becomes the new God of War by slaying Ares. However, that title is stripped from Kratos by Zeus at the beginning of God of War II.
- "Kratos - Is Kratos the Greek God of War -". about.com. http://gogreece.about.com/od/greekmythology/a/Kratos-The-Greek-God-Of-War.htm. Retrieved 4 January 2011.
- ""Prometheus Bound" by Aeschylus". rjgeib.com. http://www.rjgeib.com/thoughts/prometheus/prometheus.html. Retrieved 4 January 2011.
- "What IS Democracy?". theartofgoodgovernment.org. http://www.theartofgoodgovernment.org/whatisdemocracy.html. Retrieved 4 January 2011.
- "THEOCRACY in the Bible Encyclopedia - ISBE (Bible History Online)". bible-history.com. http://www.bible-history.com/isbe/T/THEOCRACY/. Retrieved 4 January 2011.
- "DD Units - Lower Sec. - Should the People Rule?". www1.curriculum.edu.au. http://www1.curriculum.edu.au/ddunits/units/ls1fq2acts.htm. Retrieved 4 January 2011.