kidzsearch.com > wikiPrometheus Explore:web images videos games
Prometheus was a Titan in Greek mythology. He is the son of Iapetus and Clymene. He created humans. He also stole fire from Zeus and gave it to humans. As punishment, Zeus had Prometheus chained to a mountain. Every day an eagle would come and eat his liver. Prometheus is immortal, so he never died, and his liver grew back every night. But he still felt great pain.
After a long time, Zeus sent his son Heracles to free Prometheus by breaking the chains which held him.
Aeschylus wrote a play about Prometheus.
Prometheus by Gustave Moreau, (1868).
- Theoi Text, Theogony
- Theoi Text, Works and Days
- Theoi Text, Prometheus Bound
- Theoi Mythology, Prometheus
- Theoi Mythology, Pronoea
- GML, Prometheus
- Encyclopedia Mythica, Prometheus
- Messagenet, Prometheus
- Prometheus, a poem by Noevel (French)
- Prometheus, a poem by Byron