kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Lake Clarke Shores, Florida
Location of Lake Clarke Shores, Florida
|• Total||1.1 sq mi (2.7 km2)|
|• Land||1.0 sq mi (2.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||13 ft (4 m)|
|• Density||3,538.9/sq mi (1,366.4/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||0285226|
Lake Clarke Shores is a town in Palm Beach County, Florida, United States. The population was 3,451 at the 2000 census. As of 2004[update], the population recorded by the U.S. Census Bureau is 3,475.
Lake Clarke Shores is next to the cities of West Palm Beach and Lake Worth. The Village of Palm Springs is west of the town. The town is roughly bounded by Interstate 95 to the east, Florida Mango Road to the west, Summit Boulevard to the north, except for the Lake Patrick neighborhood, and 10th Avenue North to the south, except for the Waterside neighborhood.
Lake Clarke Shores is located at . According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 1.0 square miles (2.7 km²). 1.0 square miles (2.5 km²) of it is land and 0.1 square miles (0.2 km²) of it (7.62%) is water.(26.645644, -80.075379)
As of the census of 2000, there were 3,451 people, 1,407 households, and 1,029 families living in the town. The population density was 3,538.9 people per square mile (1,359.6/km²). There were 1,462 housing units at an average density of 1,499.2 per square mile (576.0/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 93.16% White (77.8% were Non-Hispanic White,) 1.04% African American, 0.23% Native American, 1.94% Asian, 0.03% Pacific Islander, 2.46% from other races, and 1.13% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 18.52% of the population.
There were 1,407 households out of which 25.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 62.5% were married couples living together, 8.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 26.8% were people who were not related. 21.0% of all households were made up of people living alone and 8.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.45 and the average family size was 2.82.
In the town the population was spread out with 18.8% under the age of 18, 5.9% from 18 to 24, 27.1% from 25 to 44, 29.6% from 45 to 64, and 18.5% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 44 years. For every 100 females there were 98.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 95.3 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $61,328, and the median income for a family was $71,641. Males had a median income of $48,000 versus $33,774 for females. The per capita income for the town was $31,526. About 2.3% of families and 4.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 5.8% of those under age 18 and 3.2% of those age 65 or over.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder.census.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. http://geonames.usgs.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2000 and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2005-05-03. http://www.census.gov/geo/www/gazetteer/gazette.html. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Demographics of Lake Clarke Shores, FL". MuniNetGuide.com. http://www.muninetguide.com/states/florida/municipality/Lake_Clarke_Shores.php. Retrieved 2007-11-19.
- "MLA Data Center Results for Lake Clarke Shores, Florida". Modern Language Association. http://www.mla.org/map_data_results&state_id=12&county_id=&mode=place&zip=&place_id=37800&cty_id=&ll=&a=&ea=&order=r. Retrieved 2007-11-19.
- "Ancestry Map of Cuban Communities". Epodunk.com. http://www.epodunk.com/ancestry/Cuban.html. Retrieved 2007-11-19.