kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Lost in Space
Lost in Space is an American science fiction TV series which was created by Irwin Allen and produced at the 20th Century Fox studios. It ran on CBS from 1965 until 1968, making three seasons with a total of 83 episodes. Its first season was made in black-and-white while its second and third seasons were made in color. The show stars Guy Williams, June Lockhart, Mark Goddard, Marta Kristen, Billy Mumy, Angela Cartwright and Jonathan Harris. The show's music was composed by Johnny Williams.
Lost in Space is set to the year 1997, when the United States sends the Robinson family on a mission in outer space to the planet Alpha Centauri, which is thought to support life. However, while trying to sabotage this mission, Dr. Smith is accidentally trapped inside the ship, Jupiter 2. To try to return to Earth, Dr. Smith ends up changing the ship's course, causing him and the Robinsons to become hopelessly lost in space. Because the series was unexpectedly canceled, the story was never finished. In the last episode, Dr. Smith and the Robinsons are still lost in space, stuck in a junkyard.
- Guy Williams as Dr. John Robinson, father of the Robinsons
- June Lockhart as Maureen Robinson, mother of the Robinsons
- Mark Goddard as Major Don West, captain of the ship Jupiter 2
- Marta Kristen as Judy Robinson, older daughter of the Robinsons
- Billy Mumy as Will Robinson, only son and youngest child of the Robinsons
- Angela Cartwright as Penny Robinson, younger daughter of the Robinsons
- Jonathan Harris as Dr. Zachary Smith
- In the credits shown at the beginning of each episode, Jonathan Harris (who played Dr. Smith) had been named as a "guest star," even though he appeared in all the show's episodes.
- The name Alpha Centauri is actually the name of a real star outside the solar system that is closest to the Earth. In Lost in Space, the name is being used as the name of a fictional planet that orbits this star.