kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Whitman speaks at the Tech Museum in San Jose, CA, February 17, 2009
Margaret Cushing Whitman|
August 4, 1956
Cold Spring Harbor (Long Island), New York, U.S.
|Residence||Atherton, California, U.S.|
Princeton University (A.B.) |
Harvard Business School (M.B.A.)
|Occupation||President and CEO of Hewlett-Packard|
|Spouse||Griffith Rutherford Harsh IV|
She was CEO of the online auction site eBay from 1998 to 2008. She also worked for DreamWorks, Procter & Gamble, and Hasbro. In 2010, she ran for Governor of California as a Republican. Her campaign was paid for mostly by millions of her own money. Even though she spent over $100 million, she still lost to Jerry Brown.
- "Whitman, Meg". Encyclopedia of World Biography. http://www.notablebiographies.com/news/Sh-Z/Whitman-Meg.html. Retrieved August 22, 2010.
- "Top officials in California urge judge to allow same-sex marriage". CNN. August 8, 2010. http://edition.cnn.com/2010/US/08/06/california.same.sex.ruling.stay/#fbid=9pWf2j1iQXP&wom=false.
- "#773 Margaret Whitman". Forbes. February 12, 2010. http://www.forbes.com/lists/2010/10/billionaires-2010_Margaret-Whitman_5AW7.html. Retrieved August 29, 2010.
- Hewlett-Packard (September 22, 2011). "HP Names Meg Whitman President and Chief Executive Officer". Press release. http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press/2011/110922xb.html?mtxs=rss-corp-news. Retrieved September 22, 2011.
- Caulfield, Philip (November 3, 2010). "Meg Whitman loses California governor race despite $160 million tab; Jerry Brown wins for 3rd time". Daily News. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2010/11/03/2010-11-03_meg_whitman_loses_california_governor_race_despite_140_million_tab_jerry_brown_w.html. Retrieved November 4, 2010.