kidzsearch.com > wiki
Script error: No such module "Nihongo". was a Script error: No such module "Nihongo". after Jōō and before Manji. This period started in April 1655 and ended in July 1658. During this time, the emperor was Script error: No such module "Nihongo"..
Events of the Meireki era
- 1655 (Meireki 1): The ambassador of Korea is received in Japan.
- 1655 (Meireki 1): Emperor Go-Mizunoo went for the first time to location at base of Mount Hiei where Shugakuin Palace (Shugakuin Rikyū) would be built.
- 2-3 March 1657 (Meireki 3, 18th-19th days of the 1st month): The city of Edo was destroyed by fire, also known as the Great Fire of Meireki.
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2002). "Meireki" in Japan encyclopedia, p. 625.
- Nussbaum, "Tennō," pp. 962-963; Titsingh, Isaac. (1834). Annales des empereurs du japon, p. 413.
- Titsingh, p. 413.
- Ponsonby-Fane, Richard. (1956). Kyoto: the Old Capital, 794-1869, p. 318.
- Nussbaum, "Shugaku-in Rikyū" at p. 890.
- National Diet Library, "The Japanese Calendar" -- historical overview plus illustrative images from library's collection
|Era or nengō: