kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
|Mighty Morphin Power Rangers|
|Created by||Haim Saban|
|Starring||Austin St. John (93-94)|
Thuy Trang (93-94)
Walter Emanuel Jones (93-94)
Amy Jo Johnson (93-95)
David Yost (93-96)
Jason David Frank (93-96)
Johnny Yong Bosch (94-95)
Karan Ashley (94-96)
Steve Cardenas (94-96)
Catherine Sutherland (95-96)
Paul Schrier (93-96)
Jason Narvy (93-96)
David Fielding (93-94)
Robert L. Manahan (94-96)
Richard Steven Horvitz (93-96)
Machiko Soga (93-94)
Carla Perez (94-96)
Barbara Goodson (93-96)
Ed Neil (94-96)
Robert Axelrod (93-96)
Kerrigan Mahan (93-96)
Bob Papenbrook (95-96)
Michael Sorich (93-96)
Dave Mallow (93-96)
Ami Kawai (93-94)
Wendee Lee (93-94)
|Theme music composer||Saban Records|
|Opening theme||"Go Go Power Rangers"|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||155|
|Executive producer(s)||Haim Saban|
|Running time||22 minutes (without commercials)|
|Production company(s)||Saban Entertainment|
|Distributor||20th Television (1993-1996)|
Disney-ABC Domestic Television (2010 rebroadcast)
|Original channel||Fox (Fox Kids)|
ABC (ABC Kids) (2010 rebroadcast)
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original run||August 28, 1993 – February 17, 1996|
|Status||Rebroadcast in 2010|
|Followed by||Power Rangers Zeo|
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers is a television series which ran for 3 seasons (one season of television is made in a year), which is longer than the Power Rangers shows after this series have lasted. This series has 155 episodes in total. This series aired on Fox from 1993 to 1996. This series re-aired on ABC Kids in January 2010. The next show after the third season is called Power Rangers: Zeo. There are many different versions of Power Rangers, and most of them were made with better technology, yet many still prefer this one more than any other. Like all Power Rangers shows, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers is based on Super Sentai shows & from Japan. Each season of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers is based on a different Super Sentai show (Zyuranger, Dairanger & Kakuranger) from Japan.
Five teenagers battle against the witch Rita Repulsa and the wizard Lord Zedd to defend the earth. They have large robots called Zords and battle suits for their fights. They are armed with special weapons like swords, axes, bows, daggers and lances to help them fight monsters. Rita and Lord Zedd have an army of fighters known as Putties, which get destroyed and broken into many pieces when they are hit by their weak spot - a Z plate on their chest.
Rita is in a prison on the Moon. When she gets out of it, she wants to destroy Earth, because that's what she wanted to do before she was put in prison. She brings along her helpers, who were also in prison. One of them is called Goldar. He is a blue gorilla in gold armor who can fight better than anyone. To stop her, five teenagers are chosen by a wizard called Zordon. Zordon has an robot called Alpha 5 who helps him. The teenagers are given special magic coins that turn them into Power Rangers.
Rita has her own magic coin, and uses it to make her own evil Power Ranger, the Green Ranger. The Green Ranger fights the good Power Rangers, because Rita is controlling his mind. They free him from Rita's evil magic, but his magic coin stops working the right way, and begins to hurt him when he uses it. The Green Ranger gives up his magic coin to the Red Ranger who will not get hurt by it.
When Lord Zedd comes into the show, he destroys the Power Rangers' Zords. Zordon takes the Green Ranger's magic coin and uses it to make new Zords for the Power Rangers. These new Zords are mostly fairy tale animals, like the unicorn and the dragon. The old Zords were Dinosaurs, like Triceratops and T-Rex. Lord Zedd also puts Rita back in her prison and throws her away into space, because she was not doing a good enough job of being evil.
But one day, a new Power Ranger appears. His costume is White Ranger, and his Zord is a White Tiger. No one knows who he is, but he turns out to be the old Green Ranger. Later, three of the Power Rangers have to leave the team and go to Switzerland. They choose three teenagers from another school to take their powers.
Rita comes back, too, and gives Lord Zedd a love potion. He falls in love with her, and they get married. Goldar gives Lord Zedd another potion to stop the love potion, but Lord Zedd's love for Rita turns out to be true and they stay married.
Rita's brother, Rito Revolto, comes to visit his sister. He looks like a skeleton. Rito does what Rita and Lord Zedd could not do, and destroys the Power Ranger's magic coins. The Power Rangers go and find Ninjor, a powerful ninja (a ninja is a type of fighter from Japan), who made the magic coins. He agrees to help them and makes new coins and new Zords for them. They become Ninja Power Rangers, and their new Zords are animals like the wolf and the frog.
Near the end of this season, Rita and Rito's father Master Vile comes to help conquer Earth. He is very powerful, even more powerful than his children together. He uses his powers to turn back time, turning the Power Rangers into Powerless kids. Zordon calls upon his proteges the Alien Rangers of Aquitar to protect the Earth from Master Vile's monsters and to help work on a machine that would return the child rangers to their proper ages. Unfortunately, only Billy returns to normal as the machine which required the power coins as a power source is stolen by Rito & Goldar allowing Rita & Zedd to destroy the coins. The child rangers then travel throughout time to gather the fragments of the Zeo Crystal to bring time back to normal. During her journey in Africa, Aisha meets Tanya Sloan and realizes that she can do more help to stop the sickness plaguing the wildlife and sends Tanya back with her Zeo Crystal.
- Jason Lee Scott: The first Red Ranger. He is the leader. He leaves the team to go to Switzerland.
- Trini Kwan: The first Yellow Ranger. She also leaves the team for Switzerland.
- Billy Cranston: The Blue Ranger. He is often bullied by other teenagers because he is smart and shy.
- Kimberly Hart: The first Pink Ranger. She leaves the team to become an athlete.
- Zach Taylor: The first Black Ranger. He also leaves to go to Switzerland.
- Tommy Oliver: The Green Ranger. He later becomes the White Ranger.
- Rocky DeSantos: The second Red Ranger.
- Aisha Campbell: The second Yellow Ranger.
- Adam Park: The second Black Ranger.
- Katherine Hillard: The second Pink Ranger.
- "Haim Saban". Saban. http://www.saban.com/html/team/saban.html. Retrieved 2009-12-04.
- "Saban Music Group". Saban. http://www.saban.com/html/music.html. Retrieved 2009-12-04.
- "The original ‘Power Rangers’ return in 2010". Kung Fu Cinema. http://www.kungfucinema.com/the-original-power-rangers-return-in-2010-11072. Retrieved 2009-12-02.
- "CORRECTING and REPLACING PHOTOS Bandai America Powers up Like It’s 1993; Brings Back Mighty Morphin Power Rangers in New Toy Line". 2009-10-01. http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20091001006376&newsLang=en. Retrieved 2009-12-02.
- "PRESS RELEASE: Bandai America Powers Up Like It’s 1993; Brings Back Mighty Morphin Power Rangers in New Toy Line | Bandai America". 2009-10-01. http://www.bandai.com/blog/press-release/mighty-morphin. Retrieved 2009-12-02.