kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Montel Vontavious Porter
|Montel Vontavious Porter|
Montel Vontavious Porter on May 20, 2012
Montel Vontavious Porter (MVP)
|Billed height||6 ft. 2 in. (188 cm)|
|Billed weight||252 lb. (114 kg)|
October 28, 1973|
Liberty City, Miami, Florida
|Billed from||Miami, Florida|
Soulman Alex G|
Alvin Burke, Jr. (born October 28, 1973) is an American professional wrestler and rapper. He is better known by the ring name Montel Vontavious Porter (MVP). He is currently signed to Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA). He has also worked with World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) and New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW). He is a former one time WWE Tag Team Champion with Matt Hardy and a former two time WWE United States Champion.
He spent six months in a juvenile detention center after a robbery and later completed 9½ years of an 18½ year prison sentence for armed robbery and kidnapping which at the time he started it he was sixteen. He has a rare heart condition called Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome. He converted to Islam while in prison but has since described himself as a nonbeliever.
- Montel Vontavious Porter Bio on WWE.com
- "Montel Vontavious Porter profile". Online World of Wrestling. http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/profiles/m/montel-vontavious-porter.html. Retrieved 2007-04-07.
- "SLAM! Sports - Wrestling - Montel Vontavious Porter". CANOE. http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/Bios/mvp.html. Retrieved 2007-10-15.
- Lennie DiFino (2008-04-27). "Better than the Baller". WWE. http://www.wwe.com/shows/backlash/matches/6842240/results/. Retrieved 2008-04-28.
- "A true MVP -- take it to the bank". Slam! Sports. Canadian Online Explorer. http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2007/04/14/4013402.html. Retrieved 2014-05-13.
- "MVP's Most Valuable Program". WWE. http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/archive/08102007/articles/mvpmostvaluableprogram. Retrieved 2014-05-13.
- "Twitter/The305MVP: I'm a NON believer. I'm not attacking anyone's faith. I just feel religious organizations should NOT be tax exempt. Believe what you will.". Twitter. 2012-10-11. https://twitter.com/The305MVP/status/256585045962280960. Retrieved 2014-05-13. "I'm a NON believer. I'm not attacking anyone's faith. I just feel religious organizations should NOT be tax exempt. Believe what you will."