kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
|Type||Private, Limited liability company|
|When it was created||May 10, 2002|
|People who started it||
209 10th Ave S Suite 302|
Nashville, Tennessee 37203, USA
Robert and Janice Carter|
(Majority stalkholders - 77%)
(Investor & Minority shareholder - 29%)
(Vice President of Operations)
(Vice President of Marketing)
(Chief Financial Officer)
Panda Energy International (71%)|
Jeff Jarrett (29%)
Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA) is a professional wrestling company founded in 2002 shortly after World Championship Wrestling closed down. They are the main rivals for World Wrestling Entertainment. They made a video game called TNA iMPACT! and a sequel to it called TNA Impact! 2011 after it's weekly program which was of the same name before it was renamed Impact Wrestling.
Jeff Jarrett left the company in December 2013 and announced that he was starting his own professional wrestling promotion called Global Force Wrestling. It was later clarified that he still remains an "investor" of TNA.
On November 19, 2014, it was announced that TNA would be ending their relationship with Spike, and that they would instead partner with Discovery Communications to distribute their shows beginning in January 2015. In the United States, TNA programs, which include Impact Wrestling, will move to Destination America. Discovery will also hold rights in selected international markets. Spike's outreach at the time was estimated to be more than 97 million homes while Destination America was only estimated to reach 59 million households.
|Championship||Current champion(s)||Reign||Date won|
|TNA World Heavyweight Championship||Bobby Roode||2||September 18, 2014|
|TNA X Division Championship||Low Ki||3||September 19, 2014|
|TNA World Tag Team Championship||The Revolution
(James Storm and Abyss)
|September 19, 2014|
|TNA Women's Knockout Championship||Taryn Terrell||1||September 19, 2014|
- "Jarrett announces he's leaving TNA". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/100-tna/34569-jarrett-announces-hes-leaving-tna. Retrieved 2014-08-26.
- "Jeff Jarrett's Announcement Is...". PW Insider. http://www.pwinsider.com/article/84818/jeff-jarretts-announcement-is.html?p=1. Retrieved 2014-08-26.
- "TNA News: Update - TNA statement on Jarrett's departure". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/TNA_News_1/article_75269.shtml#.U_1SPfldWP4. Retrieved 2014-08-26.
- "Discovery Communications Acquires Exclusive Broadcast Rights to Top Professional Wrestling League, TNA Impact Wrestling, for Destination American". Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/6216-DISCOVERY-COMMUNICATIONS-ACQUIRES-EXCLUSIVE-BROADCAST-RIGHTS-TO-TOP-PROFESSIONAL-WRESTLING-LEAGUE,-TNA-IMPACT-WRESTLING,-FOR-DESTINATION-AMERICA. Retrieved 2014-12-10.
- "LaBar: TNA Wrestling has new TV home". Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. http://triblive.com/sports/prowrestling/7178170-74/tna-america-destination#axzz3LWUp5jKP. Retrieved 2014-12-10.