kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
The outer planets are planets in the Solar System that are beyond the asteroid belt. The four planets; Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune are gas giants. All four of these planets have planetary rings which are made up of dust and other particles.
- Moons of Jupiter - Rings of Jupiter
- Moons of Saturn - Rings of Saturn
- Moons of Uranus - Rings of Uranus
- Moons of Neptune - Rings of Neptune
- Inner planet
- Wolf, Portia. "The Outer Planets". Laboratory For Atmosphere And Space Physics. University of Colorado. http://lasp.colorado.edu/education/outerplanets/rings.php. Retrieved 2 April 2012.
- Scott W. Benson – Solar Power for Outer Planets Study (2007) – NASA Glenn Research Center
- Trautman and Bethke – Human Outer Planet Exploration (2003) – NASA Langley Research Center and Princeton University