kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Pat Quinn (politician)
|41st Governor of Illinois|
January 29, 2009 – January 12, 2015
Sheila Simon (2011-2015)
|Preceded by||Rod Blagojevich|
|Succeeded by||Bruce Rauner (elect)|
|45th Lieutenant Governor of Illinois|
January 13, 2003 – January 29, 2009
|Preceded by||Corinne Wood|
|Succeeded by||Sheila Simon|
|Treasurer of Illinois|
January 14, 1991 – January 9, 1995
|Preceded by||Jerome Cosentino|
|Succeeded by||Judy Baar Topinka|
Patrick Joseph Quinn III
December 16, 1948
Hinsdale, Illinois, U.S.
Georgetown University (B.S.)|
Northwestern University (J.D.)
Patrick Joseph "Pat" Quinn III (born December 16, 1948), is the 41st and current Governor of Illinois. He is a member of the Democratic Party. He was Lieutenant Governor of Illinois from 2003 to 2009. He lost his re-election campaign in 2014 to Bruce Rauner.
He became Governor on January 29, 2009 when Rod Blagojevich, the state's earlier Governor, was impeached and thrown out of office. He praised the Illinois General Assembly for Blagojevich's impeachment.
As governor he faced severe short-term budget shortfalls and a long-term state debt, all in the context of the worst national economic slump since the Great Depression of the 1930s.
Quinn has pushed for spending cuts and tax increases, while trying to raise ethical standards, protect public-sector labor unions, and maintain environmental standards.
Quinn lost his re-election campaign to Republican Bruce Rauner.
Quinn is divorced and has two sons, Patrick IV and David, born on April 12, 1983, and December 16, 1984, respectively. Quinn was briefly a practicing tax attorney before his career in public office.
- "Bruce Rauner ousts Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn". Politico.com. http://www.politico.com/story/2014/11/2014-illinois-election-results-bruce-rauner-pat-quinn-112547.html. Retrieved November 5, 2014.
- "Polish-American Awareness Foundation, Inc – Polish-American Awareness Foundation, Inc". Paafonline.org. http://paafonline.org/jan-karski-event-overview.php. Retrieved November 4, 2011.
- "Impeached Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich has been removed from office". Chicago Tribune.com. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-blagojevich-impeachment-removal,0,5791846.story?page=1. Retrieved September 24, 2013.
- Mimms, Sarah (January 30, 2009). "GU Alum Replaces Impeached Blagojevich". The Hoya. http://www.thehoya.com/gu-alum-replaces-impeached-blagojevich-1.1894352#.TsSZ-vLNm4Z/. Retrieved November 17, 2011.
- Illinois Governor Pat Quinn official state site
- Quinn for Illinois official campaign site
- GovernorQuinn YouTube channel