kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
From 1940 until 1957, the city was named Molotov (Мо́лотов), after Vyacheslav Molotov.
Perm is divided into seven city districts:
|City District||Population (2002 Census)|
The city is a major administrative, industrial, scientific, and cultural center. The leading industries include machinery, defence, oil production (about 3% of Russian output), oil refining, chemical and petrochemical, timber and wood processing and the food industry.
There is one international airport in Perm Bolshoye Savino (Big Savino). Perm is also served by the smaller airport "Bakharevka".
Perm is the sister city of (twinned with):
- FC Amkar Perm, the football club based in Perm, playing in the Russian Premier League
- Molot-Prikame Perm, ice hockey club playing in the Russian Hockey Super League
- PBC Ural Great, the basketball club based in Perm, playing in the Russian Basketball Super League
- Official website
- Perm regional server
- The Official Website of the Perm Municipal Duma
- The heritage of Perm Region
- Perm Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- The Western Ural Photographic Album
- History of Perm
- Perm and Perm Region Information on Kommersant Publishing webpage (also, see all other Russian subjects of the Federation)
- The city of Perm - The poem of the town
- Perm State University
- Perm for travelers Sights of Perm and Perm's region
- General info on the city of Perm