kidzsearch.com > wiki
Reagan Democrat is an American political saying that was used by analysts showing how Democratic voters would support Republican President Ronald Reagan rather than Jimmy Carter or Walter Mondale. This was said during both the 1980 and 1984 elections. It is also used for George H. W. Bush in the 1988 election.
- "Jim Webb: Why Reagan Democrats still matters". Real Clear Politics.com. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2010/11/08/jim_webb_why_reagan_dems_still_matter_107875.html. Retrieved September 27, 2014.
- Fairfax, Anthony Edward (2005). The Democratic Trend Phenomena: The Predictability of the Democratic Vote for President. Hampton, VA: MediaChannel.
- Gainsborough, Juliet F. (2001). Fenced Off: The Suburbanization of American Politics. Washington, DC: Georgetown University Press.
- Greenberg, Stanley B. (1996). Middle Class Dreams: Politics and Power of the New American Majority. New York: Times Books.
- Greenberg, Stanley B. (2004). The Two Americas: Our Current Political Deadlock and how to Break it. New York: Thomas Dunne Books.
- Judis, John B. (2004). The Emerging Democratic Majority. New York: Scribner.
- Teixeira, Ruy A.; Rogers, Joel (2001). America's Forgotten Majority: Why the White Working Class Still Matters. New York: Basic Books.