kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
The Rhön Mountains are a group of low mountains in central Germany, in the states Hesse, Bavaria and Thuringia. They are the product of ancient volcanic activity and are separated from the Vogelsberg Mountains by the Fulda River and its valley.
These mountains are a popular tourist attraction. Hikers come for the nearly 6,000 km (3,750 miles) of tracks through the picturesque scenery, and gliding has been done here since the early Twentieth century. Nowadays people come here to stay on a farm during holidays, too.
Wasserkuppe, highest point of Rhön and Hesse
The highest mountains of the Rhön are:
- Wasserkuppe 950 m (3,110 ft), (Hessian Rhön)
- Kreuzberg (mountain) 928 m (3,040 ft) (Bavarian Rhön)
- Schwabenhimmel 926 m (3,040 ft) (Bavarian Rhön)
- Heidelstein 913 m (3,000 ft) (Bavarian Rhön)
- Milseburg 835 m (2,740 ft) (Hessian Rhön)
- Feuerberg 832 m (2,730 ft) (Bavarian Rhön)
- Ellenbogen 814 m (2,670 ft) (Thuringian Rhön)