kidzsearch.com > wiki
People who grow these plants or raise these animals are called farmers. This type of work is called farming.
Many farms in richer countries are very large and can cause damage. There are many types of farming. Some people farm to eat the food they produce (subsistence agriculture). Opposite that, some companies have very large farms to sell the food to many people far away in urban areas (industrial farming). Usually, subsistence farming is prevalent (more used) in poorer countries, while industrial farming is prevalent in richer countries.
Names of Farms
- A farm that produces fruits or nuts is called an orchard.
- A farm that produces grapes is called a vineyard.
- A farm that raises and trains horses is called a stable.
- A farm that produces milk and dairy products is called a dairy farm.
- If the animals are raised for meat it is a ranch.
- A large farm that produces non-essential crops like tobacco, coffee, cotton or sugarcane is called a plantation.