kidzsearch.com > wiki
Donner at the 2006 San Diego Comic-Con
Richard Donald Schwartzberg
April 24, 1930
|Died||July 5, 2021 (aged 91)|
|Occupation||Film director, Television director, Film producer|
|Known for||The Omen|
|Spouse(s)||Lauren Shuler (m. 1985–present)|
Richard Donner (born Richard Donald Schwartzberg, April 24, 1930 – July 5, 2021) was an American movie director, movie producer, and comic book writer. He was known for directing the superhero movie Superman, The Goonies and Lethal Weapon.
Richard Schwartzberg was born in the Bronx, to Jewish parents, Hattie and Fred Schwartzberg. His father owned a small furniture manufacturing business. He has a sister, Joan. Donner started his career with hopes of acting but quickly moved into directing commercials and making business films.
- Vanity Fair: "The Rude Warrior" by Peter Biskind March 2011
- Variety Magazine: "Vet helmer’s long and boffo road" by Beverly Walker July 31, 1997
- Haaretz: "Superman, Man of Schlemiel? - Superman, the invention of two U.S. Jews, is a profoundly Jewish character whose film history is entwined with that of American Jewry" by Nathan Abrams June 16, 2013
- Richard Donner Dies: 'Superman', 'Lethal Weapon' and 'The Goonies' Director Was 91
- "Remembering Richard Donner: With 'Superman' and the 'Lethal Weapon' Films, He Made the Blockbuster Era Both Bigger and Smaller". Varitey. https://variety.com/2021/film/columns/richard-donner-tribute-superman-lethal-weapon-1235012122/.
- "Richard Donner, director of Superman and The Goonies, dies aged 91". Guardian. 5 July 2021. https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/jul/05/richard-donner-dead-91-director-superman-goonies. Retrieved 5 July 2021.