kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Roe Erister "Rick" Hall (January 31, 1932 – January 2, 2018) was an American record producer, songwriter, and music publisher. He was best known as the owner and proprietor of FAME Studios in Muscle Shoals, Alabama, and "Father of Muscle Shoals Music".
Hall was added into the Alabama Music Hall of Fame in 1985 and also received the John Herbert Orr Pioneer Award. In 2014, he won the Grammy Trustees Award in recognition of his long career. Hall remained active in the music industry with FAME Studios, FAME Records, and FAME Publishing.
- "Pink high heel shoes (and the blues) w & m Rick Hall (Roe Erister Hall), Dan Penn, pseud. of Dan Pennington, & Tom H. Stafford". http://www.faqs.org/copyright/pink-high-heel-shoes-and-the-blues-w-and-m-rick-hall-roe/#id7300005. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- "Rick Hall – Tishomingo, Alabama". Alabama Music Hall of Fame. 1985. http://www.alamhof.org/inductees/timeline/1985/rick-hall/. "Recognized as the “Father of Muscle Shoals Music,” maverick producer, publisher, songwriter, musician and studio owner Rick Hall founded FAME Recording Studios and produced the Muscle Shoals music industry’s first national hits."
- "FAME Publishing". FAME. 2017. http://www.fame2.com/publishing/. "Today the company has a catalog of over 3,000 songs with multiple top 10 singles, ASCAP awards and Song of the Year awards."
- Russ Corey. "Shoals music pioneer Rick Hall dies at 85". http://www.timesdaily.com/news/local/shoals-music-pioneer-rick-hall-dies-at/article_99356b38-74c4-505c-a682-d22e511b7803.html. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- Jarrett, Amanda. "“Father of Muscle Shoals Music” dead at 85". http://www.waff.com/story/37173873/father-of-muscle-shoals-music-dead-at-85. Retrieved 2 January 2018.