kidzsearch.com > wiki
|City of Ripon|
Fountains Abbey at Ripon
Arms of Ripon City Council
City of Ripon shown within North Yorkshire
|Population||15,922 (2001 census)|
|OS grid reference|
|- London||223 miles (359 km)|
|Shire county||North Yorkshire|
|Region||Yorkshire and the Humber|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||Yorkshire and the Humber|
|UK Parliament||Skipton & Ripon|
Ripon was one of the boroughs reformed by the Municipal Corporations Act 1835. It stayed a borough in the West Riding of Yorkshire until 1974. Under the Local Government Act 1972 it became a parish in the borough of Harrogate, North Yorkshire. Because it is an urban (town) parish Ripon can call its parish council Ripon City Council, the chairman of its parish council is called the City Mayor.
- Photos of Ripon and surrounding area Archived 2007-10-07 at the Wayback Machine
- Ripon Tourist, Community and Business Information
- Ripon Tourist Information and Business Directory
- Ripon & District Amateur Radio Society Archived 2007-10-09 at the Wayback Machine
- Ripon Cathedral
- The Ripon Gazette
- A history of the choristers of Ripon Cathedral Archived 2006-08-20 at the Wayback Machine
- Newby Hall Cricket Club - Nurturing the future of cricket
- "2001 Census: Key Statistics: Parish Headcounts: Area: Ripon CP (Parish)". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. http://neighbourhood.statistics.gov.uk/dissemination/LeadTableView.do?a=3&b=797931&c=Ripon&d=16&e=15&g=476116&i=1001x1003x1004&m=0&r=1&s=1211408309804&enc=1&dsFamilyId=779. Retrieved 1 February 2009.
- "Local statistics - Office for National Statistics". https://www.ons.gov.uk/help/localstatistics.