kidzsearch.com > wiki
Mundell in 2013
|Born||October 24, 1932|
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
|Died||April 4, 2021 (aged 88)|
Siena, Tuscany, Italy
|Alma mater||London School of Economics|
UBC Vancouver School of Economics
University of Washington
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
University of Waterloo
|Doctoral advisor||Charles Kindleberger|
|Doctoral students||Jacob A. Frenkel|
|Influences||Ludwig Von Mises|
|Notable awards||Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences (1999)|
He received the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences in 1999 for his pioneering work in monetary dynamics and optimum currency areas. Mundell is known as the "father" of the Euro, as he laid the groundwork for its introduction through this work and helped to start the movement known as supply-side economics which inspired Reaganomics.
- Essays in the theory of international capital movements page 3. Retrieved September 12, 2016.
- Fischer, Stanley (9 August 2002). "RUDI DORNBUSCH - by Stanley Fischer". https://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/rudi-dornbusch.
- Warsh, David (November 1, 2009). "What The Woman Lived". Economic Principals. http://www.economicprincipals.com/issues/2009.11.01/779.html. Retrieved October 17, 2016.
- "Economist Mundell: Odds of Greek Euro Exit 25%". 16 June 2012. https://www.wsj.com/articles/BT-CO-20120615-714557.
- Domitrovic, Brian. "The Zeus Of Economics Has Died" (in en). https://www.forbes.com/sites/briandomitrovic/2021/04/04/the-zeus-of-economics-has-died/?sh=1fe92cdf5baa.
- Robert Mundell's homepage Archived 2008-05-10 at the Wayback Machine
- Single Global Currency Association – Bretton Woods 2024 Archived 2019-06-28 at the Wayback Machine
- his analysis of monetary and fiscal policy under different exchange rate regimes and his analysis of optimum currency areas.
- Economista canadiense. Profesor en la Columbia University de New York.[dead link]
- The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences
- The Kiel Institute Global Economy Prize
- Nobel biography for laureate Mundell
- "Robert A. Mundell (1932– )". The Concise Encyclopedia of Economics. Library of Economics and Liberty (2nd ed.). Liberty Fund. 2008. http://www.econlib.org/library/Enc/bios/Mundell.html.
- Template:Goodreads author