kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Rotating bolt is a method of locking used in firearms. Johann Nicolaus von Dreyse developed the first rotating bolt firearm, the "Dreyse needle gun" in 1836. The Dreyse locked using the bolt handle rather than lugs on the bolt head like the Mauser M 98 or M16. The first rotating bolt rifle with two lugs on the bolt head was the Lebel Model 1886 rifle. The concept has been implemented on most firearms chambered for high powered cartridges since the 20th century.
- M1 Garand, gas-operated semi-automatic rifle
- Lebel Model 1886 rifle, bolt-action rifle
- Steyr-Mannlicher M1895, a straight-pull rifle
- M16, a gas-operated assault rifle
- AK-47, a gas-operated assault rifle
- IMI Tavor, a gas-operated assault rifle
- Ruger Mini-14, a gas-operated semi-automatic rifle
- IMI Desert Eagle, one of the few handguns with such mechanism.
- Remington Model 8, a recoil-operated rifle
- Chauchat, a recoil-operated light machine gun
- Remington Model 7600, a pump-action rifle
- The Winchester model 1200, 1300,and Super-X (SXP) Pump Shotguns
- SIG-Sauer MPX, the first submachine gun to use this mechanism.