kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Sales in June 2008
|Birth name||Milton Supman|
January 8, 1926|
Franklinton, North Carolina, U.S.
October 22, 2009 (aged 83)|
Bronx, New York City, U.S.
|Medium||Television, radio, film|
|Genres||Slapstick, word play, improvisation|
Saturday Night Live
Barbara Fox (m. 1950–1979)|
Trudy Carson (m. 1980–2009)
|Notable works and roles||Lunch with Soupy Sales|
Soupy Sales (born Milton Supman January 8, 1926 – October 22, 2009) was an American comedian and actor, who is best known for his role in the television series Lunch With Soupy Sales that lasted for a short moment. And from 1968 through 1975 Sales is known a regular rival in What's My Line?.
In 1949, Sales moved to Cincinnati, Ohio from where his career began in 1949 and since then he had appeared in over 100 television shows or radio broadcastings, and went on tours around the country and the world.
Influences and influenced
Sales was married to Barbara Fox since 1950 until they divorced in 1970. Lastly he married Trudy Wilson since 1980 until his death in 2009. Sales had two children; Tony and Hunt Sales who are both rock musicians.
- The Two Little Bears (1961)
- Critic's Choice (1963)
- Birds Do It (1966)
- Don't Push It, I'll Charge When I'M Ready (1977)
- Superman II (1983) (cameo appearance)
- Saturday Supercade (1983) (voice only)
- And God Spoke: The Making Of... (1993)
- Palmer's Pick Up (1999)
- A Little Bit of Lipstick (2000)
- Behind the Seams (2000)
- This Train (2001)
- The Innocent and the Damned (2005)
- Angels with Angels (2005)
- Goldstein, Richard (October 23, 2009). "Soupy Sales, Slapstick Comedian, Dies at 83". The New York Times. pp. A26. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/23/arts/television/23sales.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=Soupy%20Sales&st=cse. Retrieved October 23, 2009.
- Woo, Elaine (October 23, 2009). "Soupy Sales dies at 83; slapstick comic had hit TV shows in 1960s". Los Angeles Times.
- "Comedian Soupy Sales Dies". WWJ (AM). October 22, 2009. http://www.wwj.com/Comedian-Soupy-Sales-Dies/5503348. Retrieved October 23, 2009.[dead link]
- Dinunno, Gina (October 23, 2009). "Comedian Soupy Sales Dies at 83". TV Guide. http://www.seattlepi.com/tvguide/411483_tvgif23.html. Retrieved October 23, 2009.[dead link]
- According to The New York Daily News, Friday, October 23, 2009 article on Sales' death (page 4), the paper reported that "the funnyman's longtime friend Dave Usher said Sales succumbed to cancer at Calvary Hospice in the Bronx."